Northern Ireland Road Safety Awards 2017 in association with Road Safe NI and sponsored by CRASH Services
The awards, now in their 3rd year, recognise the work of those who improve road safety in their communities across Northern Ireland.
The awards will offer members of the public the opportunity to highlight the contribution exceptional people and organisations in making our roads safer for everyone.
The awards ceremony took place on Friday 24th November 2017 at Cultra Manor, Belfast and a total of 16 awards were made across the 11 categories.
1. Primary School Sponsored by Abbey Centre
St. Brigid’s Primary School, Mayogall
St.Aloysius Primary School, Lisburn
2. Lollipop Person Sponsored by U105
3. Secondary School Sponsored by New Driver NI
Loreto Grammar School, Omagh
4. Driving Instructor Sponsored by New Driver NI
5. Emergency Services Person Sponsored by Applegreen
Sammy Nicholl, NI Ambulance Service
Constable Sue Wright, PSNI
Roy McAllister, NI Fire and Rescue Service
6. Voluntary Sector Sponsored by Hankook Tyres
7. LGV Sector Sponsored by AA Drive Tech
Woodside Motorfreight and Group
8. Business Sector Sponsored by Road Safe NI
9. Special Media Award Sponsored by Road Safe NI
CRASH – BBC Northern Ireland
10. Two Wheels Sponsored by JMK Solicitors
Close Pass & See the Cyclist
11. Lifetime Achievement Sponsored by CRASH Services
There were also 13 highly commended entries.
Entries for the 2018 awards will open in September 2018.